This is some great advice. I really appreciate it!

I have been in the presence of exactly one really nice projector setup at a home theater specialty shop, and it was nothing short of astounding. That was a $10k projector, however.

I would say that my primary question is really, "how flexible are projector setups?" A TV is easy. You figure out the size you want, read some online reviews, pick one out that looks good, and plop it down in your room. Done. With projectors, I'm simply inexperienced and don't know how it will look in my room. That said, I went out on a whim and bought these unheard Axiom speakers and look what happened .

My feeling is that my room is probably better suited to a HDTV, but I could be very wrong in that assumption. It's not in a basement and is where we do our 'general' TV watching. I don't (yet) have the luxury of a seperate, finished-basement type home theater room that can be kept theater-dark and employ large singular comfy chairs. So that's another question - can a projector be used as an everyday setup or is that silly? How bad will regular TV look on this thing? Unwatchable? I know, these are questions that no one here can probably answer.

I've not ever really thought about owning a projector, and that's the basis of my questions. This package deal just seems so cheap for what you get. I mean, it's barely more than half what I paid for my TV 5ish years ago.

I'm very curious to hear others opinions, and it's nice to hear that so many of you say it's the only way to go.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office