One comment about the opening scene in Gladiator. I agree that it doesn't envelope you in sound quite like Master and Commander did, but that shows that the speakers are fine, but the DVD mix just doesn't put the sound back there as much. It would also help if my QS8s were about 18 inched further back, but with my back wall there, it isn't possible, but again, I would put more of it on the Gladiator mix. I should have thrown in Saving Private Ryan (DTS) for a few minutes of the opening beach battle scene. Bullets are whizzing by very distinctly in that one.

Also, if you wanted more bass, you should have just asked, man. I like cranking up the sub!

No, it actually was probably best to leave the sub turned down a little so that you could focus on the Axioms. Axiom's 500 series sub will completely rock, so no worries there.

Thanks for coming over and the kind comments. I completely forgot that I made a batch of popcorn once we got going. Needless to say, the kids chowed down on it after you left.

Farewell - June 4, 2020