I do agree kcarlile and sushi. K, you are right. I read somewhere on this board that a power surge fried their Pioneere Elite receiver and they even had some kind of cheap surge protector. As for Sushi, I did some research on these things and I read a post where someone had purchased a monster filter and ended up getting some kind of noise when they used it through video or something of that nature. The thing that is convincing about the filter is that when i went to Tweeter the guy showed me how the filter worked. He plug this gauge into the wall outlet ,the gauge had some kind of built in speaker thing . The gauge was from monster, i couldn't believe the sound of static coming out of the wall. He then pluged it into the filter and it was almost completely silent! Another thing is that I just redid my room for surround and needed to buy speaker wire. I went to circuit city and spent about $65.00 on monster wire 14 gauge shielded stuff! I had to think about it for 20 minutes before I spent my hard earned cash on wire! Well, I did buy it and I didn't here a damn difference! Then I did a search on speaker wire not too long ago in this forum and found that the home depot stuff is just as good for prolly half the price. Man I was pissed! Sorry for the novel had to let off steam!