I know that a lot of us here have enjoyed our Axiom speakers paired with Outlaw receivers, preamps, and amps. I'm sporting M80s with the 990/7125 combo in Stately Medic8r Manor.

In my mind, Axiom and Outlaw are a lot alike. Both companies thrive on internet sales, great customer service, word of mouth, and have enthusiastic fans who frequent company-sponsored chat boards. Plus, both companies are from somewhere up North: Outlaw is based in Massachusetts, Axiom in Ontario ...

So it's interesting to note that this symbiosis is evolving into something different. Axiom is moving into the electronics realm - here comes the Axiom Amp - while Outlaw is launching their first bookshelf speakers.

Course, now that I think about it, Outlaw has had made subwoofers for a while, but at their price point (much below the EPs) they don't really seem to compare to the Axiom roomshakers.

On the other hand, the Outlaw BLS (Bookshelf LoudSpeakers) will be priced about twice that of the Axiom bookshelves, so I'm left scratching my head as to what speaker consumer Outlaw will be going after. I find it strange that their bookshelves will cost 1.5 x as much as their biggest sub.

So, I'm wondering, will anyone be trying out these new BLS, and what do you guys think?

Here is the link to the BLS home page at Outlaw audio.com ...

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.