Hi there, I currently own a set of Klipsch Rf83's and have very recently purchased the Emotiva DMC1/ MPS1 combo. However, the already "bright" 83's sound horrible with the DMC1, really I am talking ear bleeding highs here even at very moderate SPLs..60-65.
I had the same problem originally with my Yamaha AVR but was able to"EQ" most of the harshness out. The Emo has no such ability. I hooked up my Mirage Omni 260 and I have never heard them sound so good, wonderfull.
So here is my problem, I think I would like to sell the Klipsch and find something that really rocks and pounds out the bass but also has the finesse and smoothness for great acoustical stuff. I have had it with those horrible screechy highs so I am looking at the M80's, I have read tons of reviews and really like what I hear plus I live 4 hours away from the factory.
So, if any one has the above mentioned setup I would love to hear your thought please and thank you. I know I can send them back if i don't like them but I am trying to avoid that. I don't want to make the same speaker selection mistake again, my 83's are only 5 months old.
Regards, Chris

Emotiva DMC1, MPS-1 ,M80v2 ,Klipsch RC64,Mirage Omni260 surrounds,Paradigm PW2200 sub