Bob, i have used Audiogon rather frequently in the past two years and i've had nothing but very positive experiences.
I find that Audiogon, unlike eBay, has not been flooded by crooks pandering junk for every little cent. Most of the items on Audiogon tend to be...ummm, pricier and more boutique in nature.
Anyone who can afford to own such items usually tend to keep good care of them.

With that being said, one always needs to be cautious in any dealings online. If in doubt, call the person. Get contact information. If the person is an honest seller, they will have no problems giving you such details so you can verify they are real and unlikely to bolt after receiving cash.
Most do take Paypal payments so at least things can be tracked.
Some take credit card payments via Paypal which is of course the best method to go, if it is available.

There are many small used dealers that use Audiogon and ultimately feedback is still the best way to determine the better from worse sellers.

On the extreme upside, you can ALWAYS find most electronics at used prices between 20-80% of their original values. I bought my Anthem TLP1 preamp at 50% off retail prices (sold only at mom and pop markup shops) and the item was only 4 months old.
Virtually all of my 'boutique' electronics have come from Audiogon although i have also bought some simple dvd players there for under $200.

Last edited by chesseroo; 04/13/07 02:40 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."