Tom Tuttle from Tacoma...scary that we think alike.

Okay, here's what I did. I got out my trusty tape measure and checked all my distances for the delay time. Sure enough they wer off by a foot or 2. After adjusting that I broke out my trusty Rat Shack sound meter and calibrated using the sound and vision disk. Normally I just use the internal test tones of my 3802. I'll be damned if each speaker wasn't off on the low side by 2-3 db. I adjusted each speaker accordingly. then I threw in NBK again it id made a slight difference. I am convinced that movie is just a bad mix. I double checked with X Men, the Rock and LOTR.They all sounded much better from a dialog standpoit. LOTR qas absolutely amazing. The dialog was sweet but the soundstage blew me away. I still felt that the dialog was a bit tinny so I went to the tone controls and bumped the bass up two settings and it sounded much more natural. The biggest improvement was watching tv. Normally I would not use the PLII for tv because it just didn't sound right. Now it sounds amazing. I will be watching more tv in PLII

J