You know, that brings up a really funny college story.

So, we are sitting in my friends dorm room, who has a cheap receiver with a pair of speakers. On the same long desk as the receiver and speakers, my friend Danny was sitting there on his laptop. So my friend Jon is in the room and walks by the receiver and notices a ground hum. Eventually, he breaks out in a wild dance flinging his cell phone (the source in which he thought the ground noise was coming from) near the receiver. He was making arcs in the air spinning around, clutching is cellphone, and swinging it in close proximity to the receiver. The speakers were making a rhythmic ground hum noise that faded in and out in conjunction with his arm flailings.

The receiver was set to "video".

After Jon had had his fun, Danny had a secret to tell. Since the receiver was set to video...it was the connection that Danny used to output sound from his laptop to watch videos and so forth. Danny had been sliding his finger gradually up and down the 1/8" jack to create the ground hum noise. Everyone laughed once he told us his 'secret'.

After that, I experimented touching different metal things with the 1/8th inch jack connector. We eventually had a chain of people who held hands with the last person touching something metal, creating some interesting ground hum noises. It was much fun, but not gay...yea.

Ok, that's my story....sorry it doesn't help, but it does give you something to do if you're bored.

M22s|VP100|QS4s|HSU STF2