I was raised by two college english professors. One is a PhD who has written several books about journalism, grammar, and dialects. Some of my family dinner conversations would actually revolve around the idiosyncrasies of regional dialects in the US...

I live in the midwest. It seems there are countless examples of, 'the lawn needs mowed', or 'the crick is ah-fluh-din!', or 'my chikun ain't done cookin', or 'you wanna go play some gulf this weekend?' to be heard in every restaurant, Wal-mart, and gas station. I irritates me to no end. Similarly, it is not hard to understand when to use 'its' and when to use 'it's', but sometimes it's just a simple mistake, and sometimes people just don't know any better. However, I don't flash it in people's faces that they are grammatically-challenged. I might think it, but I don't say it. I was taught that such behavior is rude.

This is an internet forum primarily dedicated to the discussion of equipment made by Axiom. In the off-topic area, we can talk about anything you want. If you want to preach about grammar, start a new thread and go crazy. I'd probably join the debate. But the forum in general is not Grammar 101. Making up a goofy avatar to fulfill some sort of ego trip is childish and irritating.

If you want to talk about the evils of Bose, we're all ears. Love Axiom? Hate Axiom? Welcome to the group and let's talk about it! But if you have no interest other than stirring up pointless debate, you are not welcome here.

I'm done with this topic.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 04/25/07 05:45 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office