ARRGGHHH! Too much conflicting information for me to handle, especially going back to the previous thread Tom linked to.

Here's what I'd be interested in:
- My price target is under $1K.
- I need surface area, lots of it.
- Never have used the rotisserie attachment but I like the idea in theory.
- I'm connected to NG
- My grill gets exposed to the elements all year round, and here in TX that is a LOT of sunshine. I don't want to have to baby the thing
- I want good control of the heat since I cook everything on that grill, from delecate veggies & fish to steaks
- Speaking of steaks, am very intrigued by the grills that have at least one infrared burner that gets up > 1600F for getting that steakhouse result
- Would LOVE the flexibility of using actual charcoal in the grill when desired.
- Don't care about having a side burner
- I don't have a built-in or drop-in space, so I need one with a cart that will last as well (though "portability" isn't really a criterion)

OK, so is this even possible? Anyone have real firsthand experience with some of the options (e.g. the infrared heat for steaks) that would make me either abandon or require that option?

My current unit is a 4 burner Cap'n Cook from BBQs Galore. Overall it has been pretty good, lasting 8 years, but it is ready to give up the ghost soon. I think I overpaid in retrospect. I'm still willing to pay $, but want it to last, and perform well over its lifetime.

Thanks!
Rich