I'm starting to notice that some boards have a set of very specialized smileys. Here's one I found on a site dedicated to the Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM) cooker, aka the bullet.

We need some good Axiom-specific or HT-specific smileys. Any ideas ?

BTW I'm trying my first "top down burn" aka Minion Method cook on the Weber today. With briquettes a few people have managed to get 13+ hour burns and relatively stable temperatures without having to add fuel. I stuck a couple of firebricks into the Performer to divide it in half, filled one side up with lump charcoal then dropped some lit briquettes on top.

Here's a pic while I was getting it started -- the small pile of coals in front is over the Performer's built-in gas ligher, and the big pile of coals in the back is unlit.

After the small pile of coals got started I dropped them on top of the unlit pile then added foil and drip pan where the small pile of coals was in the picture. Added a water pan over the coals and 3.5 pound pork sirloin over the drip pan and it's been going for a couple of hours at a rock-solid 275F.

I've never used lump charcoal before so I'm guessing I'll only get 5-6 hours before having to refuel. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by bridgman; 05/19/07 04:13 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8