I currently have the MT80's VP150 and 4 QS8s' running on a Denon 3803.
110 watts per channel into 8ohm I think it is rated 160 into 4ohm.
Now I have no sub currently although and HSU VF3MKII is landing in my room end of June. ( on layaway now ).
Here is the situation ... then denon volumn goes from -70 db to +15 db. I have to turn it to about -20db when watching a movie ( -15 to -10 db if I am alone watching a movie ) this is my comfort zone, but the girlfriend complains of the loudness.

No way I understand this is my denon is pumping out wattage to produce the bottom end that the MT80's are drawing to produce the low end. I guess this is why I have to turn it up in order to get louder, problem is I have no head room left, if it is needed as the 80's are going to draw current from the amp.

when the HSU arrives will this all change .... since I now have a sub , cutoff will be 80hz setup in the amp as LFE + Mains most likely .. .so know my amp will not be using any current for the bottom end as the sub will be producing the lows and has it's own amp. So, really this should free up a major amount of wattage in my amp ... right ?
I should only have to crank it up to -30db and have 50% headroom left no right.

I am going seperates soon and want the Emotiva or Outlaws mono blocks but, being only sold in US makes it hard on the pocket book, unless the dollar rises higher, which I am hereing very close to even within the year.
No with these if I run 7 channel each speaker has it's own 340 watts module to drain if needed...it's own transformer capacitors etc, and the sub has it's own so it should go defeaning loud right.

Pioneer sc-1525
M80 HG Cherry