Welp, though the EP500 was a nice improvement over my previous sub (DefTech PF-15), I've always had issues with bass in my room. Certain frequencies boom while others are lacking, regardless of sub placement and crossover / phase settings. I haven't been inspired enough to go thru the hassle of graphing the room, but I know there's a problem, especially since a friend of mine has an older Yami 'tower' style sub in his place (maybe 80-100 watts), and although not as powerful as my sub, his bass response seems quicker and fuller than mine! All he had to do was plop the thing down next to his right speaker and it sounds very nice. It's his room, I know...

Yes, I also know that room treatments should be my 1st consideration, but there are issues. Firstly, my HT room is also my living room, foyer, and my most used room. I live in a small 3/2 home, and my front door is about 5 feet from my right speaker. The left side of the listening area opens to the dining room and kitchen. The listening area is 15W X 12L (equipment on 12' side), with a fairly large rug and full size couch and love seat for some absorption. The house has tile floors, which makes the listening area pretty live.

Secondly, I'm really not interested in going thru the treatment route, other than perhaps adding something absorbant and decorative to the front and back walls (which are bare now). I don't want to get into corner treatments if I don't have to because of aesthetics / hassle issues involved.

I fully understand that the SMS-1 will not be a magic bullet in my situation... there will likely be nulls / peaks I can't fully fix without treatments or placement changes.. but do any of you in the know think that trying the SMS-1 would give significant *enuf* improvement?

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED