Ya this Acer I have is a little funny.. It accepts a component signal and shows it as "p" 1080, but when the signal is going through the hdmi imput it is only capable of 1080"i".. The Hd chn's on cable hooked up through the HDMI are excelent.. The only other source I have used that put out a 1080p signal was an xbox360 through the comp imput's..With comp the Tv displayed 1080p for games made to output it... Im not a gamer but I'll tell ya Gears of war and stuff that is 1080 is amazing to watch/play. It seems Sony has improved video output(ie upscaling dvd/ps1/2 games, setting of output modes,etc...I just can't seem to find out if these updates enable 1080p through component.. They talk about hd sound only being able to be output through HDMI but you get DTS and dolbypl through the digital out.. I got this set for a great price just to tide me over until I decide what I want in a "big" screen. I didn't find out about the 1080p only through Comp till after but it was still too good of a deal to return.. At the moment I run my oppo and my cable box throught HDMI to the reciver (switching only) to the TV.. HD chnls and original copies of movies are excelent(or at least I'm satisfied) with the pic at 1080i... My next Tv will be able to do whatever the standard is at the time I'm sure.. I guess I'm just fishing for answers as to what I can expect with this sets Inferior HDMI imput that only puts out the "i" if that is the only way to watch BD movies..

Avdude

Last edited by avdude; 07/08/07 03:11 AM.

Pio VSX1018,LPA-1,M60,M3,Qs8,Vp150,HSU VTF3,,Pio 5080,PS3..