I remember MIKEY stating that the hanging 80s really brought the mids and bass to life...

Quote:

It's pure, no added bass boost from the floor.. As much as I love a full sound, top to bottom, I'm a 'mid freq' freak at heart, and my 80's fill the bill.. Bass may make things fall off the shelf, but it's the mid's that really nail ya down !
Stevie Ray knew that, running heavy gauge strings to get the sound he was so famous for.. No damn slinky's on that mans axe !!
And yes, I have a 2nd set of speakers in the garage, and I use the back side of the subs when I'm working there..
It's just too much fun for someone my age to have

Being a huge SRV fan as well as the 'heavy gauge' tone that SRV was famous for, I'd absolutely love to hear MIKEY'S setup or someones similar *but* the thought of drilling holes into the Axioms also makes me cringe...I'd certainly look into another alternative mounting/hanging source to do this if I knew the end result was worth the effort.

I'm also curious if speaker placement, toe-in and distances from side and back walls would be as important with them hanging, (I would think so) if so, that must be a royal pain in the butt to get the placement tweaked for best sound.

Rick
Our Room

smile