Quote:

If I had to guess, I don't think people could tell the difference between component 1080i and HDMI 1080P.

I wonder? With my 46" widescreen Toshiba CRT I have this idea in my head that for fast moving sports and stuff I seem to see less blur during the movement in 720P than in 1080i for the HiDef channels. Honestly though, it's so subtle it could all be in my head.

That's a drop in resolution to get rid of the interlacing effects but again, it could just be me. I can't change menu items fast enough to do a fair test and it certainly isn't blind.

Also, it would be great if someone added a feature to TVs that displayed the resolution it was receiving and what it is displaying. Kinda like a receiver shows what audio signal it receives vs. what you choose to send out. I run DVDs through my receiver now to try and benefit from it's ability to upscale but it's such a pain to swap cables in my setup I have never tried an A/B comparison so I don't really know if the feature is working. I set it up that way from the get go after having my gear in storage for 8 months so memory will not serve.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.