I listened to Paradigm Monitors at a local AV shop and I was impressed. Paradigm is their flagship line but they didn't have any Studios in at the time because they only carried them around Christmas time. (Realize that PEI is very small so the high end market is limited.)

I actually asked them if they heard of Axiom speakers and what they thought of them. I tried to let them know I wasn't trying to put them on the spot. I expected them to be neutral at best so as to not lose a sale but these guys are truly pros. They said they knew of Axiom and had heard them. They said that their floor standing models would be more similar to their higher end Studio series and that they might be a good choice for what I was looking for (accurate sound) if I was brave enough to buy them, unheard via the web.

Can't get much more honest then that! I really commend them for their professionalism, also the man speaking was the owner. After taking reviews and their words into account and especially after looking at the big price difference, I ordered the Axioms for the 30 day trial without waiting for them to get the Studio's in. I did buy all my accessories there though and I recommend them to anyone who asks.

I did get to hear the Studio's side by side against the Axioms though later on. A friend had already pre-ordered the Studios from them (he had heard them at a relatives.) I took over my M60s and we manually switched the front back and forth without the other speakers hooked up.

I wasn't and am still not qualified to give you a review of one verses the other. However, I'll just say that we are both extremely satisfied and had real trouble telling them apart at first. We got better at it the longer we did it but the only big difference we could agree on, was the price.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.