I recently visited axiom to audition and pick up my new speakers and I think I may have made a mistake in my sub choice...

I have a small living room (13x13x9) with a number of speaker placement restrictions. After alot of back-and-forth I decided on the M50s, VP150, QS8s and an EP500. The sub HAS to go underneath an end table; there's really no place for it elsewhere and it barely fits.

When I first listened to the m50s with the EP175 I really felt it was lacking bottom end. Debbie convinced me to take a listen to the EP400 for comparison purposes...now that was more like it! On our way back from vacation we stopped in to pick up the speakers and audition the EP500 as well. I liked what I heard enough to dish out the few extra dollars for the EP500.

I will be buying a Denon 3808CI just as soon as they're available in this area. In the meantime I'm using my old Carver to drive the M50s. There's no sub-out so the EP500 has yet to be hooked up.

I'm absolutely astounded by the beautiful low end I'm getting without the sub. It was literally a "holy crap, where did THAT come from?!?" moment. I'm afraid that when I get the Denon & hook up the sub it will be way too much for my living room.

Unfortunately my 30-day grace period will likely be up before the receiver is in my hands so I have to make a decision now. Do I keep the EP500 or should I scale back to the EP175? I'd appreciate any opinions...