I am a neophyte in the area of HT and this is my first post. I am looking for advise on a HT I am planning on having built in my basement starting in afew weeks.

I have been trawling on Axiom's forums for months now and am in awe at the amount of helpful info and knowledge of its members. I have to fight the impulse to get down on my knees like Wayne Campbell with outstretched arms bowing and repeating "I am not worthy!"

The HT I am thinking of building will be in a portion of my basement with dimensions 12ft wide, 31 ft long and 7.8 ft in height. Three of the four walls are exterior/foundation walls and the basement is completely unfinished (i.e. studs/joists exposed, concrete floor). There are three small windows so the HT will have almost complete light control.

I am thinking of putting a 100 inch fixed diagonal screen on one of the 12 ft walls, having the seating approx. 12 ft back from the screen (probably a reclining couch), building a 12 inch riser and having a second set of seats on the riser (probably a love seat and chair) about 16 to 17 ft from the screen.

The end of the room opposite the screen will be for a treadmill (WAF), equipment rack and shelves.

My main areas of concern on construction are:

-speaker wiring: the equipment rack will be at the end of the 31 ft room with the (soon to be purchase Epic 60/500 system) speakers/sub at the other end of the room. I want to run the speaker wiring in a conduit through the joists and the conduit would contain the wiring for L,C,R and sub. Will this be an issue running all the wiring for these components together? I have also read about ENT or 'Smurf' tubing (1.5 to 2 inches in diameter) for the conduit, but can't locate it at any local big box store or even electrical contractor suppliers. Does anyone have a suggestion to purchase this kind of conduit online?

-sound proofing: I really need to ensure that the HT will be sound proof for the longevity of my marriage. I am currently planning on using resilent channel and batting to try and contain the sound in the HT. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

-hdmi cable: I have purchase the Pan AE1000U pj which displays in 1080p. Can anyone recommend an hdmi cable to run a 1080p signal approximately 30 feet (from av receiver to pj) without an extender?

Thanks in advance for the advise. This is a great forum.