be easy on me - thisis my first post here.

i convinced my parents to ditch bose in favor for an entire klipsch speaker setup (sf-2 for mains, sb-1 for rears, sc-1 for center, and 2xksw-10 for subs) for our ht.

i have a klipsch promedia system on my pc - but am replacing it with 4 yamaha floorstanding speakers (ns8390 and ns-7390, for mains and rears respectively) powered by a yamaha rxv530 receiver and supported by an infinity entra2 12" subwoofer.

i love audio - plain and simple. and i have been hearing a lot of good things about axiom speakers and upon coming to this site - i have noticed that the speakers have received numerous praise and positive comments. i went to audioreview.com and found that the axiom loudspeakers are among the highest rated - comparably rated with klipsch reference speakers.

now, i cannot audition these guys because none of the local stores carry axiom - so i would like to know - HOW DO THESE SOUND?

are axiom speakers bright and forward like klipsch and paradigm? or are they mellow and laid-back like onix rockets speakers?

i am quite interested because i would like to plan my next speaker move (upgrade) once i get out of college... my yamaha speaks should last me for the meantime (they are nothing spectacular but without a doubt better than any pc speaker set in the market, and in my entire dormitory building).

i am very interested in the m80s (a pair for mains) and possibly a pair of m-22ti for rear/surround, and vp150 for center... subwoofer i think i will pass. nothing in the axiom arsenal can most probably match the SVS PB2+ subwoofer anyway - of course unless you vets tell me otherwise - then ill be forced to eat my words.

of course, the pb2+ (svsubwoofers.com) can play at dolby reference levels down to about 16-20hz - i doubt that the 350 sub (even two of them) can match that.

now the whole setup would cost me approximately 3000 (1100+400+350+1250)... that isnt too bad considering a top-of-the-line klipsch setup would cost me about 4500.

JOEY's PC Sound System: Polk LSi7 (x4, mains and rears) and SVS 25-31PC+ (sub)