Hi Everyone, newbie here

in the market for speakers and a receiver. I want just one receiver to do everything. Regardless of whether I get the M60 or M80 I want to make sure I get a receiver that can comfortably handle the 4omhs necessary for the M80 (in case I choose to upgrade in the future.)

I have read on the discussion board the Onkyo is not a good choice, although I have not been able to find a thread that lists recommended receivers for the M80s.

Since I am buying a new receiver, I will probably get one with the new HDMI 1.3, and I also quite like the idea of having a network receiver so I can play endless internet radio and connect it to various playlists i have on my computer.
Denon have 2 receivers that would serve both these purposes - AVR-4308CI & AVR-3808CI (main difference being that one of them is has wireless connectivity)

I have owned Pioneer elite in the past and was very happy with them (except for the remote control...)

what other brands, models would you recommend for being capable of driving a complete 5.1 - 7.1 M80 HT?

thank you very much