My personal experience with the amplifier in the TX-SR805 is that it can't handle M80's. I believe the amplifier in the TX-SR875 is rated for 10 more WPC, but I believe the general design of the two units is the same. YMMV with easier loads.

Yes, you can play SACDs via HDMI on the PS3, and as CV says, DSD will be converted to PCM by the PS3 before transmission. I've heard unsubstantiated rumors that a firmware update for the PS3 would allow DSD over HDMI, but as of v1.92 the option isn't available. Further, I'm not even sure a firmware revision could provide the option to pass DSD directly. No one seems to know, and if they do, they're being tight lipped about it. Here is a pretty good FAQ site dealing with the SACD capabilities of the PS3. It does make mention of the new "Bitmapping" setting and what it is supposed to do.

Out of curiosity, why did you sell your Rotel gear in favor of Denon? I assume there are technology considerations at play. I'm using a Rotel RSX-1057 for the time being and I'm in love with it.

Last edited by haylo75; 09/06/07 09:57 PM.

A: Epic 80 * 600 / Integra DTC-9.8 / A1400-8
V: Samsung HL-S6187W / Tosh HD-XA2 / PS3 / Oppo 970HD