currently i'm using an old Pioneer 5 way speaker that probly weighs 50lbs each. Its old and one of them just recelty got messed up(took off grill one day to do some cleaning and forgot to put it back on, nephew came and pushed the speaker in hard(crushed the cone) and now when i lightly press that speaker in it makes a scratch noise, the good speaker does not, it moves in and out smoothly).

I'm pretty sold on the M40ti, not only for the sound quality but also that its a tower speaker and i will not be buying a subwoofer at the time so would like a little bass since i will be using the HT for about 80% movies. Also the M40ti will give me some headroom for future upgrades and i won't have to replace them.

My current reciever is an older model Kenwood 1070vr, It only has RCA inputs in the back, no digital or coxial. I want to be able to watch a movie and have it sound very good.

Can you please, kindly, go over BASICALLY the difference between Dolbly Digital, DTS, THX, Dolby Pro Logic, and ect. for me? I'm sorry for all the dumb questions just started really getting interested in HT and would like to do it right the first time and not waste money. Thank you again.