Hello all. Just found this forum tonight after looking for info regarding the floor model m80's. I looked over this forum for an hour or so and im totally baffled on what i should do. I realize that not everyone agree's with everyone here.. but somebody should be able to help clear my mind just abit. Here goes....

- i have a chance to pick up a great set of used M80's. Since these are rated at 4 ohms... do people generally use a receiver that is powered to run these or do they use a cheaper receiver and bump up the power with a power amp?

- is the v0150 magnetically sheilded to sit on top of a tv?

- for rears... do most use the bi-polar set up or floor models? Reason is if i get the m80's.. i have mint condition set of sound dynamics r616's im thinking of changing over from the front for rears. Good idea?

- whats all this about marantz, yamaha, onkyo, sony... ect. Why does one sound better than the other? Or is it just personall preference?

- Do you people use a sealed or ported sub? What is the advantage/disadvantage between the two is using the same size woofer?

- Will the m80's sound crisp, clean and clear at low volume? I know some speakers need volume to bring them to life. I like my music and movie volume's to be at normal levels.. not too loud and not too hush. I think it was the m22's and the q8 rears i heard one time and they sounded GREAT at low to mid volume.. im wondering if maybe the m80's are abit overkill for me?

Thanks in advance...