Gee....I am not sure what to make of that! I have decided to take it as a comment, not an insult. Correct me if I am wrong.

My thoughts were not about your systems or sources, but about the speakers. I agree that mini's are difficult to adjust to, especially the bass. I an fond of the NHT models, and think your line of questioning revolves around - "Are the Axiom's better than the NHT models". Difficult to say, because they are both good quality models and brands. I am not as familiar with the Super line as I am with the Music series (1.5, 2.5, 2.9, 3.3) models. I can deduce that they are made to similar standards. I will also state that in a purely audio system, I am not a big separate sub fan. Another factor is that the Axioms are approx 5-7 db more efficient than the NHTs if memory serves.

Is there a local dealer for you to compare? I understand Axiom offers an excellent return policy, but a comparison could be arranged if you had a local dealer.

It seems you are happy with the basement system, but not with the upstairs system. Why not leave the basement alone and concentrate on "fixing" the upstairs? Your systems sound balanced, but you don't care for the upstairs. Your budget and space limitations are factors you considered already. I would be hesitant to alter too much - or many systems at one time.

Now, about those sources....... ;)

Regards,

BBIBH