Have you read this thread? Or any of the others I have written lately about my thoughts of the M60/M82? The M82 gives you the best of both worlds, IMO, something you may want to consider.

If you must have only one, I would pick, and am getting, the M80s over the M60s alone. Reasons why are here.

I wouldn't say the clarity isn't there with the M60s, it's just that you really have to listen for it, opposed to the M80s presenting it right in front of you. To me it is more the M60s are recessed/slightly less than neutral, and the M80s are forward in there presentation of mids and high frequencies, which gives the listener the impression of less or more detail. Forward sounding is easier to hear those mids and highs as they are not hidden by the lower frequencies. It is a tough decision and only you can make it.

So far as the Amp goes Onkyo(older ones as the newer top end appears to have no issues as evidenced by a few threads here)have had issues and were not a recommended receiver for the M80s by Axiom. The only thing I have noticed with the AVR888 Denon is the total THD is a little higher for this series opposed to the AVRXX08 series. Denons are a recommended receivers for the M80s. I have an older 1804(was sub $1000cdn when I bought it in Dec. 03) and with the M82, which is a 4ohm load, this receiver still pushes out the power, no clipping, no problems.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70