Hello Ken,
The QS-8's are priced per pair; only the subs and center channel speakers are individually priced.

If I understand you, you want to use QS-8s as main left and right channels, and the VP-150 as a CC, relegating the old Boses to surround-channel duties, correct? Since you're accustomed to the Bose soundfield as main channels, the QS-8s will certainly work in that role, although my preference over the years is to use direct radiators for the front left and right and multipoles as surrounds and rear channels. I suspect you will notice quite a tonal difference (that's an understatement!) between the Axioms in front and the Boses, the VP150 and the QS-8 being quite neutral compared to the Boses, but timbral differences in the surround channels usually aren't as annoying as in the front or center.

Almost 20 years ago, in the earliest incarnation of Dolby Surround, I used some excellent Canadian speakers as main channels and a powered, shielded Bose video speaker as a center channel. I disliked the coloration from the Bose on male and female dialogue, but it was tolerable and better than nothing in the center. You won't have that problem up front with the Axioms but I expect you'll eventually want to upgrade.

Regards,

Alan Lofft
Axiom Resident Expert

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)