For the last few years in college, I've been listening t music on my klipsch 4.1 speaker system that is connected to my computer. Now that I've graduated, and moved to an apt, I'm thinking of assembling a new stereo setup and moving away from pc speakers. I've never been quite thrilled with the sound of my klipsch. I've been spending a lot of time looking around at different setups and ran into the axiom speakers. But I need some feedback on what I'm looking to get so far. My room is very modest sized, if you can imagine fitting 3 full sized beds side by side, so I really don't need anything very very powerful. But here is what I'm thinking of getting. My budget is probably around 1k - 1.5k.

I'm thinking of getting the m3 or perhaps the m22. I'm not as sure about the amp. I've been looking at parasound (750a, 1000a, a23), some nads (can't find them anywhere), the Odyseey Stratus, or the musical fidelity 3.2cr. I'm hoping to spend most of my budget with the amp for future upgrades, because I plan to keep the amp for a while. Now, are the more expensive amps overkill for my room and for the axioms? How would it be affected by the fact that I'll be using a lineout from my pc to the amp. Do I even need to get a preamp, or can I get away with just an amp? I have a lot of questions, hopefully someone can give me some advice.

Thanks