I’m not positive John, but I think my boy’s 22 is the Marlin 60SS that you noted. It’s a great 22, but can be somewhat finicky with the brand of shells used. Winchester Wildcat’s will jam about ever tenth round (still trying to burn through a brick of them). Remington Yellow-jackets shoot just fine and it’ll go all day long without jamming. The 10/22 however will shoot anything, anytime, no matter how fouled the barrel is. The 10/22 is undoubtedly the most resilient 22 on the market. The downside is the funky cylinder clip it uses. I don’t much care for loading it as it will try my patience. The Remington nylon 66 was an outstanding little 22 as well, but I don’t think you can find them anymore. I must have shot over 100K shells through mine that I had when I was a teenager and probably dropped it on rocks dozens of times without ever knocking it out of whack.

I don’t shoot much anymore, sadly. Shells are too darn expensive and all my long range rifles are quite a chore to shoot, meaning they either hurt my shoulder or my ears. Those with breaks installed are easy on my shoulder, but painful to anyone else on the range so I’m hesitant to shoot them. Plus, I like to practice shoot at 500 yards or better and the range is only 200 yards. I have a custom mountain rifle that weighs 6.25 pounds, loaded, with scope chambered for the Weatherby 30-378. At five bucks a round, it doesn’t leave the house very often.