So I've been looking around for receivers forever(it seems) and just couldn't find one that I really wanted in my price range. I was looking at something that could do HDMI switch and upconversion, along with having good support for matrixing to 7.1. Well I'm walking around Fry's earlier this week and I see a Harman Kardon 745, open box for $500!!! It had NO accessories, no remote, no mic, nothing but I couldn't pass it up.

I already have a Harmony remote, and for about $30 I can get the HK mic for the auto calibration. I'm so pumped about this amplifier. My remote was able to do all of the OSD commands for the receiver so I am good to go there. I've heard great things about the Logic 7 processing on the HKs, can't wait to get the rest of the speakers up!

Got to test it a little bit with my new setup, at least the fronts(M22s) and center(VP100). What a great sound, listened to some old Pearl Jam songs and heard things in the music I've never heard before. I'm in heaven right now!

Installing the QS8's and rear M2's this weekend. I even got the wife to volunteer to get in the attic and run the cables. Maybe I should pick up some lottery tickets on my way home tonight!