Hi Jason, thanks for the reply. A couple other questions pop into mind:

1) Has anyone tried using running the audio from a Vista system into their receiver? I'm curious because MS rewrote the Vista sound stack and completely changed the way that sound works in Windows. Now all sound (even if you have a sound card) gets re-sampled by the OS before being output.

No doubt this is unnoticeable when using generic PC speakers. But I was wondering if one of you Axiom owners have actually tried comparing (for example) a CD played directly through your receiver versus playing the CD in Vista and outputting the PC audio to the receiver. Of course, MS claims there should be no noticeable distortion, but I'm wondering if this is really true since you won't have a true bit-perfect signal anymore.

2) Does connecting your PC up to a receiver cause any issues with noise? PCs are notoriously big sources for noise since they have so many high-frequency clocks, and I have on-board audio which will probably be more noise-sensitive than a sound card. Presumably sticking to an optical cable will eliminate any potential noise issues?

Thanks again.