Yeah, from the little I heard about it when it happened, it seemed like they really held the upper hand, and it was Disney catering to them, but I still haven't gone to read in-depth on it, so I should shut up. Ha ha.

That's so cool that you got to visit them. It really does come through that story is their first priority. It definitely has to help the animators to have a solid foundation to work with, to be passionate about.

I just kind of wish more adult-oriented animation would take off in this country (or on this continent--sorry, Canadians). It seems to have to be kiddie stuff or over-the-top comedy like Adult Swim and South Park. Not that I have a problem with those, but I think it's a more narrow range of material than it has to be. So I'm a little sad that Pixar already has their niche, as it would be nice to see someone of their caliber handling some serious sci-fi or fantasy that's skewed toward adults. I mean, those are the genres that would benefit the most, I imagine, but I would like to see them expand beyond even those wide-open genres. I guess no one knows if it can be commercially viable, and that's why it's not happening, but anyway, I think there's room for more variety.