I like to just close my eyes and relax. lay back. sometimes i go to sleep but with my eyes closed i can just enjoy the music more and just become more involved. But listening critically (seriuossly) and just for enjoyment should be kept seperate. critical listening for demo equipment etc to focus on the gear. listen for enjoyement just because you like music. Most of the time when i listen to music its at night when its dark and theres nothing to look at anyway. Ive heard that the brain processes visually before it does audio so when you close your eyes your able to focus on the music more.

But when ive got my eyes closed i cant tell where the speakers are. i dont visualize the speakers because thats just how good the axioms are! seruously, if i put a sheet in front of the stereo and brough someone in that didnt know about stereo setups and told them to listen they would tell me i had speakers all over. they would NEVER be able to pinpoint where the two were.

sometimes with some music i go into this trance type mode where its like im weightless and just enveloped in the music. its a very VERY intersting and cool sensation. im not making this up. i cant explain.

And alot of times when its getting late and im listening to something like clapton or just about anything i will just doze off 3/4 the way through the cd with the music playin loud and all.

end of ramble.

Last edited by Haoleb; 08/27/03 11:25 PM.