Originally Posted By: CV
:) Well, I got my player and HD DVDs. What would a young man (*cough*) like me play first on his new player? Why, Pride & Prejudice, of course. It has a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 soundtrack, and I hadn't seen it, so I figured I'd give it a go. It was actually better than I expected, even though I'd only heard good things. Some of the shots were very beautiful, though the basic quality of the picture wasn't the best high-definition I've seen. I'm not sure if it was intentional or just the gear they used. The sound was very good, and I can confirm that there were no issues with the player and my Integra.

Haha I just finished watching this an hour ago. It received good reviews so I wanted to check it out. Little bit awkward at first because of all the girly stuff but you get used to it. \:D Not a bad flick but I guess it would be easier to follow if I knew anything about the 18th century. That would require reading on my part...

I thought picture quality was pretty good. 4 out of 5 stars. A little bit grainy/soft in some low light shots but had lovely colors and contrast.

Audio was nice too. On a few occasions I had to turn on the subtitles. Those thick British accents are difficult to understand.

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP