Hi everyone. I'm working on my first audio system for both HT and music use, so I'm pretty new to all this. Currently the only audio component that I have is a 3 channel DIY Leach amp. I'm pretty sure I'm going to start off with a pair of M22ti's (yep, thats 3.1 short of a theater setup but I'll add those in due time, I figure a pair should get me started) but I'm having a little trouble figuring out a list of receivers to look at. Due to budget constraints--($300-$500 for the tuner, preamp and DD decoding) I know I won't be able to go the separates route, so my alternative is that I'm looking for a receiver that has a good preamp section that I can hook up to my existing amp. I would also be interested in a preamp that has a tuner and dolby digital, but from what I can gather everything in that category is much more expensive.

I am interested to know what receivers any of you would suggest considering that the the quality of the receiver amp is of no concern. I also don't care too much about features like video switching, etc, I just want a solid preamp with DD and a tuner. Thanks in advance!