Well, Tuesdays being the day of totally irrelevant conference calls, I 'multi-tasked' to avoid boredom and did some more checking. I eliminated some on price and others because they didn't have Image Stabilization. I have naturally shaky hands (runs in the family) so every little bit helps.

When it came down to the remainders, the Powershot A series came out on top. Looking at the A710 IS and the A570 IS. Both are almost identical with the only big difference being a little more optical zoom on the 710. Both are priced between an average of $200 and $250 which is amazing considering they come highly recommended for picture quality in their class, have an unusual number of manual options, for its class, that I can play with but my wife can safely ignore AND you can even swap lenses to a couple of other options, which I will probably never do, but it's cool that you can do so for under $250.

Actually, on paper, these guys look better than some fo the $450 plus models I eliminated for price.

Thanks again for getting me rolling.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.