So, fellow Axiomites from the Midwest, who's getting hit with this ice storm? I know there aren't many of us, but I wanted to see if everyone else is ok. My town in western Illinois received about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of ice. I live in a part of town with many old-growth trees, and sadly, almost all of them are heavily damaged. We lost a nice old 50 or 60 year old oak tree when it fell into our front porch and ripped the power line down (though we never lost power, don't know how that happened and not great having a live power line down across your driveway, sidewalk, and front yard!) A neighbor had a huge, 4-foot diameter tree literally rip out of the ground and fall into their home.

I've been through a couple of big ice storms in my 30-years on this planet, but nothing like this. Woke up at about 5:30 in the morning to the sound of the power line being ripped away from the house, ice falling on the roof, lightning and thunder, trees snapping and breaking, and transformers exploding. The power of mother nature can be incredible!

How's everyone else doing?

Here's a few photos I feel like sharing for those of you who have never been in an ice storm....

My front yard...

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 12/11/07 04:42 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office