Greetings Axiomaudio forum-goers! I bring many questions from the land of aspiring, yet inexperienced, audio enthusiasts. With your assistance, I am looking to draw from some of that good old knowhow that seems to be so abundant on these message boards.

The story goes a little something like this: Having just graudated college recently, I have gotten used to cramped quarters and have tried to balance my love of audio, arising from the relaxation I find in it, accordingly. For me, as is likely the case for many college students, the PC has become the center of my existence. However, now that I have the luxury of modest space as well as slightly higher income, it has definitely come time to leave my multimedia speakers behind. To shorten the story, I have settled on the M22 bookshelves as my first investment and will be hooking these up to my 7.1 M-Audio Revolution soundcard which I feel will do these speakers justice, at least for now.

I would like to ask for your educated opinion as to which receiver I should pair these with. From these forums and others I have gathered that it is a definite no-no to run the M-22's through a "bright" receiver. How exactly a receiver can be bright, I have no idea. From some heavy reading though I have narrowed down my choices to
H/K AVR 225 OR Denon 1803 OR refurbished Onkyo TX SR 600 and.... well of course any other suggestions you have
All of the above can be had for roughly the same price, and although I do not plan to use any listening modes other than stereo, at least for the time being, I decided against an integrated stereo amp(this could change based upon your convincing arguements), as I am not sure there is any perceivable sound quality difference, and due to the fact that it just seems you are getting so much more for your money in a surround amp.

I do plan on adding a subwoofer in several months time, when my bank account has time to replenish itself, and so am concerned by the fact that, at least from what I read, the H/K AVR 225 doesn't have an adjustable crossover. Is this a deal breaker, due to my plan to purchase a sub in the future, as I was leaning towards the H/K pending your approval.

I'll end it here as I have taken up enough of your generous offering of time. Any advice and suggestions are very welcome and I want to thank one and all for taking the time to read my ramblings. Many Thanks!