I just watched The Kingdom on HD DVD. I was surprised it was only Dolby Digital Plus, now that Dolby TrueHD soundtracks are a lot more common. It sounded very nice, anyway, but you'd just think a release like this would have lossless.

I liked the movie. I've let myself buy numerous movies I wouldn't normally purchase because of the Buy One Get One sales, but this one I paid more for, and it's nice when that works out and I actually like the movie. \:\)

I did get Serenity since it was part of the promotion. I wasn't a fan of Firefly, but there were a few parts of the show that were all right. However, when people would say they loved the show for the characters, or for the fact that it was the wild west in space, it really made me wonder. Star Wars always had enough western elements to it to soak up the credit for that idea. Firefly was simply more blatant about it. The characters of Firefly never seemed to develop three dimensions for me. Still, I thought I'd give the movie a try, and while it definitely seemed like a TV show trying to be a movie, there were some entertaining moments, and they definitely utilized the LFE. I enjoyed it enough, and if you actually liked the TV show, I'm sure it's even better. Ha ha.