To revive a thread from a couple of months ago, I ended up with the Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio. They came with multiple in ear fittings. I dropped down to the smaller size, and they fit well. I like them so far, definately hearing details I didn't hear with the buds that come with the iPod.

Time to do this again though. My wife got an iPod classic for Christmas (from me) and now she wants headphones to go with it. She has a birthday in 6 days, so this is something I can pick out for her. She wants standard headphones, no clips. She doesn't like buds, and is having trouble with the standard ipod buds. They should be portable, since they will be for ipod use.

I'm looking at these based on the cnet reiview, but wanted other suggestions as well.

Portable headphones, standard band (no clips, buds, etc) some noise cancelling for flying would be helpful, under $100 price range.

Note: she would readily admit that she is not an audiophile. Her main concern will likely be something comfortable and portable, but I of course, want to get her something that sounds good too. Any other suggestions?