Hello All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

We're moving to Malaysia in a few months, hauling my trusty axioms with me. Wondering if anyone has experience travelling overseas with AV equipment.

Specifically:
It's 220 power there - Can I power my amp with a transformer? It's a yammy RXV-2500, it calls for 500 Watts. I also have a HSU STF 2 that calls for 300W. I see transformers up to 2000W but I'd hate to see my amp up in smoke so just want to verify this will all work seeing how it's relatevely high current.

Can anyone recommend a good dvd player that is region free and plays PAL and NTSC dics, SACD would be a nice touch but not manditory. Is there a hi def player out that does all that? I take it when a PAL disc is played in these machines it outputs NTSC ? .. see next question

I'd like to bring my 46" DLP also, is there a way (inexpensive would be good) to convert the signal from PAL to NTSC for local tv?

One last thing, we also have an xbox and a Wii, are there NTSC and PAL discs for these or are they all the same? If I end up having to output PAL (buy a tv there) can I do that with an adapter or something?

Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks a bunch!

Pierre

M60's, VP 150, QS-8's