Originally Posted By: sirquack
To me the 60s' are also comparible if not better than the Studio lineup from Paradigm. jmo from my auditions.

Indeed, but which studios? I found quite a bit of difference between the studio 20 and 40.

I understand that the M60 and 80 are similar but that the 80 gives a little more midrange/upper detail and more base. Of the two, which would you say is closer to the studio 60?

Originally Posted By: jakewash
I think you will find the Axiom line up to be clear across the board

And thats the impression I got from reading the paradigm vs axiom threads here. Good news for me.

Originally Posted By: jakewash
It is all a matter of the presentation of the vocals and bass.

Thinking on it, I wouldn't want the vocals any more up front than delivered by the studio 40/60. From what I have heard in the way of base, I do not think I would be satisfied with the M22 by itself, or from any other smaller bookshelf. I suspect that the only way to tell if I would be happy with the m22 + base is to audition that combo (in the plan, but will have to wait for spring).

I want to go back to the dealer with some material I am familiar with and listen again to the studio 40 and 60 to get a better sense of the differences.

Fred

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!