Originally Posted By: doormat
After a quick discussion with maniacal bookshelf buyer Robb, who has absolutely guaranteed that there is no viable way anyone on this planet could possibly hear even a remote difference between the M2 and M22 (to the point where he'd buy me a new Ferrari and paint my house if I could), I decided to go with a pair of M2s. They'll be coupled with the PDR10 fed by a cheap (open box) Yamaha HTR6030 (for when I convince myself to buy surrounds in a couple of weeks).

Now I'll have to wait and see whether I'll need to reconfigure the room (M2s are only marginally smaller than the M3) or get away with leaving them on the desk! New speakers are really the only impetus for getting me to clean out a room, so maybe I should have gone with the 22s after all.

Good thing I popped in here or I would probably be buying someone a ferrari! Depending on the size of the room, when the M22 and M2 are crossed over to the sub (in a small room such as 10x 8 x 8) you will not even notice a difference. In a bigger room you will obviously notice some strain on the M2s when the M22s could handle a larger volume of listening space.

I think the M2's are a great choice for computer speakers, they are a great little speaker that I highly recommend if using a sub. They will also be better than the Audiobytes concerning listening volume, clarity, and coloration. (I am assuming, I have done no A/B testing) Really, they are just a mini M22, with all the same attributes of the M22 but in a smaller package.

Last edited by Hutzal; 01/14/08 04:11 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com