Wouldn't the remixing described not be much different that running the CD through one of your receivers 5.1 processors?

Also, Hutz, glad your here. A question for you and other drummers.
One of the reasons I enjoy listening to some Tool stuff is their unusual drum style. I have no musical training so I can only best describe it as often seeming to be based on odd numbered beats instead of even. It's what caught my attention to this music as I remember that I suddenly realized I couldn't easily tap out the beat with my hand(s), as I often subconsciously do when I listen to any music. At least not until it forced me o pay closer attention and figure out what the heck he was doing.

Is there a name for this style of percusssion that seems to be odd numbered based. The half beats really throw you off. At first they seem random but then you realize they are being thrown in on an odd numbered count.

Does my description make sense? At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but now it's almost hypnotic to me and a big part of the appeal.

Although I'm still not much for their occasional lengthy tracks of not much but sound effects at barely audible levels.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.