Not too long ago, I finally got around to attempting to install the carpet spikes that were supplied with my M50s. Much to my chagrin, one of the threaded inserts in one of the speaker bottoms was broken. I called you guys and someone (I forget who) ever so willingly shipped me several inserts. It appears that they shipped both the new kind that Axiom is using and some of the old kind that was originally used. After looking at both kinds of inserts, I surmised that it would take me cutting out the old insert using some kind of metal cutting tool and then hammering in one of the inserts. Seeing as how I'm not used to this kind of work and taking into account how much I adore my Axioms, I feel somewhat uneasy about banging away (albeit with a rubber mallet) on my speaker.

So, I was wondering what kind of aftermarket spike/footer you can recommend for a pair of M50s. You know, the kind that have some kind of adhesive (or I can use some Blu-Tack) to keep the footer in place. Also, what kind of improvement can I expect to hear in my bass, besides it being tighter? Sorry for the drawn out question...thanks!!!