Ken, as always, I need to rephrase my statements a bit to give a clearer meaning. My amp, though 50wpc, does blow the neighbourhood. It drives 83spl speakers without a hitch. And it does get very clean and loud, especially when I hook up 2 pairs of speakers. I rarely take the volume beyond 20%.

What we expected was a superior sonic difference. When this did not happen, we went out to a hi-fi shop and listened to some Jamo speakers being played on a Denon and a Yamaha. My M3s and amp still sounded much better. I then brought a locally manufactured 10-year-old 30wpc amp from my brother-in-law and hooked up the M3s. Same sonic output at a lesser volume.

I have no intentions of taking sides or contradicting anybody on amp differences. But, I haven't found any sonic differences between any of the amps I've listened to. At reasonably audible levels, they've all sounded pretty much the same.

And yes, I know you're not being sarcastic at all. It is indeed quite fulfilling to build my own amp to see it work so well.