I have a 500 GB OneTouch III external drive (EDA-9MM2A6-326) that doesn't want to power on.

It's actually one of two identical drives I bought at the same time, and I tried switching the external power supplies on the assumption that it was the problem...no luck. Over the last couple of days, I noticed that it was sometimes not being recognized and that the large light on the front was dim (not unlit completely, though). If I switched it off, then back on, sometimes it would come on "dim" and not be recognized and other times it would come on normally. I didn't do anything immediately because I really assumed it was the wall-wart.

Today, it wouldn't come on at all so I tried switching wall-warts with the other drive and it didn't make any difference....still nothing.

My gut feeling is that the drive itself is OK...there was no clicking or anything to lead me to believe that it was the drive itself. I believe it's likely a power problem.

The drive has about 400 GB of data on it....most of which is backed up in sporadic ways. It was my intentions to backup/offload/delete each folder in a much more methodical way in another couple of weeks!

Any thoughts? Please? Pretty Please?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::