Rocky,

I would suggest that you get the Onkyo TX-SR805 rather that going with the Outlaw preamp and all of those monoblocks. The Onkyo is THX Ultra 2 certified and in the recent Home Theater magazine had no trouble driving a 5 channel B&W setup. The B&W's were not nearly as efficient as the Axiom's (B&W's were only 85db's I think). If you use your m60's as the main's the Onkyo should have no trouble driving your seven axiom speakers.

Why go with the Onkyo instead?

The Onkyo is on sale right now (at Crutchfield) for $799 vs the Outlaw for about $3000. The Onkyo can accept the new high def audio as bitsteams while the Outlaw preamp cannot. The Onkyo has Audyssey multieq while the Onkyo doesn't. I think that the Onkyo has a 1080p scaling and switching if I remember correctly while the Onkyo does not. If you decide that you want to go with m80's as your main's then just buy two outlaw monoblock's to drive the main's and let the Onkyo handle the rest of the channels if you are worried about the 4 ohm load. This total would bring you to about $1300 vs $3000! That is an extra $1700 in your pocket and I bet you could not tell the difference in the sound quality of the two different setups. Furthermore, the Onkyo has more features.

- Nick