I have a RPA-1 and it shut down the other day. I wasn't in the room at the time so it was playing fairly loud, but I have played it many times at this level, and for far longer durations. The power button was solid red. Has anyone else experience this? In the manual it states the following possible causations-

"The RED light (on solid, not blinking) indicates a fault condition for the power modules. A fault condition is one or more of the following:
• Excessive Operating Temp
• Excessive Current (Short Circuit)
• DC on the Outputs
An excessive temperature fault can be reset by allowing amp to cool and cycling power on/off button on the front panel. Excessive current (short circuit) can be reset by removing the cause of the short and cycling power on/off button on the front panel. DC at output is a possible fault condition that is equipment related and requires technical assistance. Please contact Emotiva if you have repeated problems causing the RED front panel light to illuminate that are NOT thermal or short circuit related."

I turned the amp off for a while and it went to standby (no red light). I haven't fired up my stereo since then, but it seems to be a temperature problem as per the manual. In the manual it recommends to use computer fans to aid in cooling the amp, but I don't have a clue how to do this. Are there fans specifically made to cool amplifiers?

Thanks a lot guys

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.