Hello everyone, it has been awhile since I posted. However, after trying to catch up on all the posts this one was very interesting to me. I own the yammie rx 2700 denon 3930ci bluejean 10awg cabling and epic 80-500. i listen to various music flavors: classical organ, acapella choral, jam bands, house, and other music. all components together produce a sound that is simply wonderful in my opinion. when looking at receivers i was deciding between the yamaha and the denon 3806...i ended up choosing the yamaha for the network capability...

i ended up getting the squeezebox due to repeated nonsense with getting the network thing to work now i have no troubles!!!! in terms of calibration i used avia disc and calibrated to 80db. not all music and movies are mixed the same, thus, my volume level for both varies between -5 and -15. i watch tv at about -15 - -20, movies usually around -13 and music around -10 - 13. i have never had any problems c clipping, popping, or other extraneous problems. i didn't quite catch the candor of the "brightness" "mechanical" or "laid back" mentioned by the guru's of the axiom forum but i assume they are being comical?

anyway, i sing in a semi-pro choir and a vocal jazz group which most of our stuff is acapella. thus, i would hope my ear is somewhat good enough to tell subtle differences and i have had no complaints at all about my axiom speakers. the yamaha has no problem pushing the 4ohm load and i have never thirsted for more out of my system. although, i along with hutzal do place a vote for axiom to test out the higher end yamaha's...preferably the yamaha 2700!!!!

jason

ps
can someone point me to the place(s) where alan does not recommend yamaha, i would be interested in reading it, thanks!!